Ok, don't tell him I told you this, but Sean is a VERY picky eater. You see all of this food I make for my blog? He hardly eats any of it. To be fair, he's not a huge eater to begin with, but all of the cakes, cookies, curds? Most are eaten by me and brought to friends (who, let's get real, have NO complaints about me bringing a constant flow of treats!).
Last night I made these muffins and when they were cool, I brought one downstairs to Sean.
10 minutes later, he was upstairs in my studio, looking for more.
3 more to be exact.
So you see, because my picky husband ate FOUR of these muffins last night, I now have confirmation that they are very, very delicious.
Raspberry Lemon Cream Cheese Muffins
1/2 block cream cheese, cut into small pieces
1.5 C raspberries (I used frozen)
zest of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp + 1.5 C flour
1 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 C vegetable oil
1/4 - 1/2 C milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
coarse sugar for muffin tops (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º - in a bowl or plastic container, toss cream cheese pieces, raspberries and lemon zest with 1 tsp flour to coat - place bowl in freezer
- Mix 1.5 C flour, sugar, salt and baking powder with paddle attachment in stand mixer (or whisk by hand)
- Measure out 1/3 C vegetable oil in a measuring cup and add eggs - whisk together then top with milk to make 1 C - add vanilla - mix well
- Add wet to dry and mix with paddle on low until just combined - fold cream cheese/raspberry/lemon zest mixture into batter gently by hand - divide batter into 12 muffin cups - sprinkle top of each muffin with coarse sugar
- bake 15 minutes at 350º then raise oven temperature to 400º - continue to bake until golden on top, about 9-11 minutes - if not golden after 11 minutes, continue to bake, checking every 2 minutes - remove from oven when tops are golden - cool on a rack 10 minutes