We hand-picked Nova Scotia wild blueberries and I made Eton mess for the first time last week.
They're so tiny. So juicy. So flavourful.
Sorry highbush beauties.
I adore you but my heart belongs to these exquisite little darlings.
HOW TO MAKE WILD BLUEBERRY-STAR ANISE ETON MESS WITH TANGERINE CURD
- SIMMER 1 cup of blueberries with 3 tbsp of sugar and 2 star anise pods until thick - about 15 minutes.
- MAKE my 6-Minute Microwave Lemon Curd but substitute 3 tangerines for the lemons.
- WHISK a small batch of unsweetened whipped cream.
- OPEN a package of pre-made meringues.
- CRUMBLE a meringue, dollop on some whipped cream, topped with blueberries and curd.
Gorgeous blue ceramic plate handmade by Kelsey Watson in Inverness, Cape Breton. Please visit Kelsey's Instagram page for more information - www.instagram.com/potsbykw