Over the last two weeks, I've taken the leftovers from my first four Summer Fresh recipe contest entries and fed them to my friends. Sean and I just can't eat everything I make - it's too much food for two people!
But not this dish.
This time I'm not sharing.
With Summer Fresh Mushroom Marsala Fresh Sauce, blue cheese, bacon and truffle oil, these scalloped potatoes mean serious business.
Mushroom Marsala Scalloped Potatoes with Blue Cheese, Bacon and Truffle Oil
5-6 slices of bacon
4-5 medium-small potatoes
1 container Summer Fresh Mushroom Marsala Fresh Sauce
200g blue cheese, crumbled (you can use more or less depending on personal taste)
white truffle oil
- preheat 350
- dice bacon and cook until almost crispy - drain on paper towel
- wash and peel potatoes then slice as thin as you can
- spread 1/3 of Mushroom Marsala Fresh Sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch round oven-safe baking dish
- fan out 1/2 of potato slices on top of Mushroom Marsala Fresh Sauce - top with next 1/3 of Mushroom Marsala Sauce, 1/2 of blue cheese and 1/2 of bacon crumbles
- fan out remaining potato slices and top with final 1/3 of Mushroom Marsala Fresh Sauce and the rest of the blue cheese and bacon crumbles
- bake one hour
- garnish each individual serving with a drizzle of white truffle oil
Well, that's it! My fifth and final entry in the Food Bloggers of Canada/Summer Fresh Fresh Sauces contest.
Best of luck to all bloggers participating!!