This Yogurt Bowl With Cherry Pesto is a recipe from Whole Bowls by Allison Day. With rich, lightly sweetened Greek yogurt, chunky and sweet homemade cherry pesto, and crunchy toasted oats, it’s a wonderful way to start the morning any time of year.
This post was first published on April 24, 2016 and was last updated August 11, 2019.
Whole Bowls By Allison Day
Jan Scott of Family Bites reached out about participating in a blog hop to celebrate the release of Allison Day’s new book Whole Bowls. When I received my copy I bookmarked 19 recipes that I want to make. NINETEEN!!! Dishes like:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast with Gingerbread Pecan Crisp
- Wine Country Salad with Wild Rice Grape Pilaf and Halloumi
- Baked Polenta with Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms and Marinara
- Anytime Peach Buckwheat Crisp
- Roasted Pears with Whipped Goat Cheese and Maple Pine Nut Brittle
- Mint Chocolate Stracciatella Gelato
Don’t they all sound amazing?!
For the blog hop, I made the Yogurt Bowl with Cherry Pesto and Hazelnut Oil-Toasted Oats. I’ve eaten it for breakfast the last three days and must say – it’s fantastic! It’s a delicious and nutritious way to start the day any time of year.
Check Out The Rest Of The Whole Bowls Blog Hop
A big thank you to Jan and Allison for including me in the Whole Bowls blog hop! Since you’re here, take a moment to check out my other blog hop friends –
Aimée from Simple Bites made Quick Homemade Harissa
Charmian from The Messy Baker made Smoky Corn and Grilled Peach Salad
Jenny from The Brunette Baker made Anytime Peach Buckwheat Crisp
Heather from The Tasty Gardener made Radicchio with Beets, Sweets and Balsamic Dressing
Louisa from Living Lou made 3-Bean Garden Salad with Asparagus Coconut Dressing
Mardi from eat. live. travel. write. made Roasted Vegetable Bowl with Fried Egg and Goat Cheese
Mairlyn from mairlynsmith.com made Banquet Bowls with Cauliflower Hazelnut Pilaf
Jan from Family Bites made Spring Smashed Chickpea Salad with Curry Mayo
Looking For More Breakfast Recipes? Try:
Yogurt Bowl with Cherry Pesto and Hazelnut Oil-Toasted Oats
- 1 tablespoon roasted hazelnut oil
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut or cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cherries fresh or frozen, pitted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Make The Toasted Oats - In a large skillet, warm hazelnut oil over medium heat. Add large flake oats, cinnamon, and sea salt. Toast the oats, stirring often for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Make The Cherry Pesto - In a food processor pulse the hazelnuts, sugar, and cinnamon until finely chopped. Add cherries and lemon juice, briefly blending until mostly smooth, leaving a little texture.
- Make The Yogurt - In a medium bowl, mix Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To Serve - Dollop yogurt in bowls, swirl in cherry pesto, and sprinkle generously with oats. Serve.
Did you make this recipe? I would love to see how you made out! Let me know on Instagram by tagging me @baconandbaileys and hashtag it #baconandbaileys so I can take a peek and re-share it in my Instagram stories! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.