We’ve roasted tart, spring rhubarb with apple cider and sugar then showcased it on mini meringue shells for this Cider-Poached Rhubarb Pavlova with Lilac Cream. Make your lilac sugar a few days in advance for stronger lilac flavour, and use store bought pavlova shells to simply make your life easier! If lilacs aren’t in season you can substitute any other edible flower you like, or leave them out completely.
Cider-Poached Rhubarb Pavlova With Lilac Whipped Cream
prep time: 20 Mcook time: 30 Mtotal time: 50 M
Tart, spring rhubarb is roasted in the oven with apple cider until tender then showcased on mini meringue shells with lilac sugar whipped cream.
- 6 stalks rhubarb, cut into pieces
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- ¼ cup lilac sugar
- 8 mini meringue shells
- Lilac blossoms for garnish
How to cook Cider-Poached Rhubarb Pavlova With Lilac Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Combine rhubarb pieces, ½ cup of sugar, and apple cider in a 9”x13” oven-safe dish. Cover with foil and bake until rhubarb is tender, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cool, reserving syrup.
- In a stand mixer or with handheld beaters, whisk heavy cream with lilac sugar until medium to stiff peaks form.
- To assemble rhubarb pavlovas top each meringue shell with cider-poached rhubarb and reserved syrup, and a generous dollop of lilac whipped cream.
Make your lilac sugar a few days in advance for more pronounced lilac flavour and aroma. Use store bought pavlova shells to make your life easier!
Sat. Fat (grams)6.90
rhubarb pavlova, poached rhubarb, lilac whipped cream
Created using The Recipes Generator